Flowers from my girl!
I am lucky enough to be spending Mother’s Day weekend with my daughter! One forgets how good food is in a college town: donuts, pizza, bagels and smoothies oh my!
Best wishes to my dear friend, Courtney, mother of four girls all under the age of nine, and hugs to my mother-in-law, Mary , who gave me my wonderful husband!
My husband, who is one of my favorite things, bought me the Blu-Ray edition of my all-time favorite movie, “The Sound of Music,” and we enjoyed it in all its glory last night. I love a good sing along and I love “My Favorite Things” most among all of the wonderful songs in the film. The lyrics got me thinking about my own favorite things and wondering about yours too! You already know I love my hubby, daughter and doggies! Here’s a list of the stuff I like:
- Raindrops on (pink) roses… Julie was right, they are lovely
- Illy coffee…when we serve it, our guests consistently ask, “Wow, what is this coffee?”
- LaMarca Prosecco…cheers!
- Beckmann’s Three Seed Sourdough bread…you know how I love to cook;) If I have this in the house, I simply top it with an egg, cheese or veggies, and viola…it’s a meal
- My new Kitchen Aid Mini Stand Mixer in pink…it fits in my very small kitchen
- Cream…poured into my coffee, whipped to top my fruit and to spread between layers of cake
- My two favorite destinations: Maui and London…one for relaxing, the other for exploring
- Chanel No. 5 on my pulse points since I was 20 years old
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
- Books, books and more books
- My pink shed, of course!
- Sleep, especially after a spritz of lavender spray on my pillow and a slather of Aerin Rose Night Table Cream on my face…I simply inhale the sweet dreams
I’d love to hear about your favorite things…
My husband and I visited the nursery today, and I fell in love. This inspiring pink camellia has a new home just outside my pink shed!