I believe in pretty packages… generosity, feminism, friendship and flowers…art, whimsy, birdwatching, dogs and truth…long lunches and dinners on pretty dishes. I believe people don’t change but that the people we’ve loved and lost become part of us. I believe in Disneyland and Christmas and that my life has been blessed with a few angels in the guise of a teacher, counselor and grandmother. I believe in the power of personality, words, coffee, sunscreen and lipstick. I believe in smiling and asking for what I want because most people like to help and I like to get what I want. I believe in California and Californians. I believe in London and its mayor. I believe in creating a beautiful home and celebrating and entertaining frequently. I believe in the young and the old… modern and classic and that everyone has a story. Most importantly, I believe in my own strength, the love of my husband and the beauty of my daughter.
And, of course, I believe in pink, as Audrey did!
What do you believe in?
P.S. And, I believe as Crash Davis does, that “there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing the designated hitter.”
My husband, who is one of my favorite things, bought me the Blu-Ray edition of my all-time favorite movie, “The Sound of Music,” and we enjoyed it in all its glory last night. I love a good sing along and I love “My Favorite Things” most among all of the wonderful songs in the film. The lyrics got me thinking about my own favorite things and wondering about yours too! You already know I love my hubby, daughter and doggies! Here’s a list of the stuff I like:
- Raindrops on (pink) roses… Julie was right, they are lovely
- Illy coffee…when we serve it, our guests consistently ask, “Wow, what is this coffee?”
- LaMarca Prosecco…cheers!
- Beckmann’s Three Seed Sourdough bread…you know how I love to cook;) If I have this in the house, I simply top it with an egg, cheese or veggies, and viola…it’s a meal
- My new Kitchen Aid Mini Stand Mixer in pink…it fits in my very small kitchen
- Cream…poured into my coffee, whipped to top my fruit and to spread between layers of cake
- My two favorite destinations: Maui and London…one for relaxing, the other for exploring
- Chanel No. 5 on my pulse points since I was 20 years old
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
- Books, books and more books
- My pink shed, of course!
- Sleep, especially after a spritz of lavender spray on my pillow and a slather of Aerin Rose Night Table Cream on my face…I simply inhale the sweet dreams
I’d love to hear about your favorite things…